Employment can be an important step to help our clients establish long-term stability in their lifestyles. We utilize the evidence-based Individual Placement & Support Model of supported employment for our clients who identify a vocational goal. We provide services to employers and individuals to support employment for our clients.
TBI Network Vocational Services Program
- We provide pre-employment supports to clients as needed (e.g. medical, legal, behavioral) in preparation for job placement
- We provide employers with incentives for job placement as needed (e.g. background checks, bonding, drug testing)
- We help businesses hire and support a diverse workforce that will include individuals who have sustained a traumatic brain injury.
- We assist the employer in making an appropriate job/person match. We carefully prescreen applicants which can save employers the time and money involved in advertising and application review.
- We conduct a job analysis in order to assist with accommodations, when necessary. Businesses that learn to accommodate workers with disabilities are able to better accommodate all employees for improved job performance.
- We assist, as necessary, with training of the new employee. A funded on-the-job training may be possible.
- We assist in determining the employer’s eligibility for a Work Opportunity Tax Credit. This elective federal income tax credit can be applied to the wages private employers pay to target groups of employees.
- We provide on-site training and consultation to the employer and co-workers regarding disability issues.
- We provide ongoing support to the employer and employee.
- We serve as a liaison to other cooperating agencies.